DATA PROTECTION POLICY
WE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT, EFFECTIVE FROM THE 23 APRIL 2018.
- Data we collect
- Our use of your data
- Information passed on by us
- Your privacy rights
- Data protection for employment applications and application procedures
- Protection of personal data of children
- Personal information provided by you during other interactions with ecoTech
- Personal information provided by you when visiting the ecoTech website
- IP address
- Third party content
Data collected by us
ecoTech collects the following types of data via the ecoTech website:
- Information provided by you: Personal data is the information you provide us when registering for our products and services, responding to questionnaires, participating in surveys, competitions, or contacting ecoTech Customer Support.
- Automatically collected data: Your IP address and any unidentified information about your use of ecoTech's website may be automatically collected through the use of tracking technologies, such as cookies. The settings of your website browser can be selected in such a way that all cookies are blocked. Cookies, however, allow you to use some of the site's essential features that may not be available when you disable cookies.
- Data collected from other sources: We may combine the information we collect about you through the ecoTech website with information collected offline or provided by third parties
Our use of your data
ecoTech uses the data we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products and services you require from ecoTech.
- To provide you with information about comparable and/or related products and services.
- To personalise and enhance your experience with the ecoTech website.
- To improve our products and the ecoTech website in general and for other internal business purposes.
- Legal reporting and reporting obligations.
According to the data protection regulations of the EU, ecoTech requires have a legal basis to process your personal data. The applicable legal basis depends on the reasons, as listed above, your personal data is processed by ecoTech:
- In certain cases, ecoTech must obtain your consent to collect and process your personal data. If you consent, you may later revoke your consent by contacting us as described in the section entitled "Your Privacy Rights". Please note that the revocation of consent has no effect on any data processing already carried out.
- In some cases, the processing of your personal information may be required for compliance with applicable laws and regulations or compliance with a contract that applies to you. It may not be possible for you to object to such processing; likewise your objection may affect our ability to perform the contractual obligations owed to you.
- In some cases, the processing of your personal data by ecoTech may due to the legitimate interest of ecoTech to communicate with you about our products and services, as well as scientific research and educational opportunities. You are entitled to object to all forms of such processing of your personal data. You can contact us as described in the section "Your Privacy Rights".
Processing may include, but is not limited to, recording, organising, structuring, storing, adapting or altering, retrieving, consulting, using, communicating, transmitting, distributing or otherwise providing, combining, linking, restricting, deleting or destroying personal information. The personal information we collect about you can be retained for a period of five years from the last interaction you have with us. Thereafter, the data will only be archived for as long as required by the applicable laws and regulations for the purposes set out above.
Information passed on by us
ecoTech may not sell your personal data to third parties without your consent, with the exception of:
- Other companies in connection with the sale or transfer of any of our product lines or product categories. This includes services provided by one or more affiliates of ecoTech.
- Regulatory authorities or in other situations where it is necessary for ecoTech to comply with a legal obligation or requirement.
Your privacy rights
You may review and obtain a copy of your Personal Data and have the right to demand that ecoTech correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you. You are entitled to receive the data provided to us in an electronic-readable format and to transfer this data to another data processor. You may also request that your personal data be deleted or a restriction of/or fully object to the processing of your personal data. To request access to your Personal Data, submit a complaint, or disable certain programs, please contact our Privacy Officer by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the ecoTech website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send a letter to the following address:
ecoTech Environmental Measuring Systems GmbH
Attn: Data Protection
The Data Protection Authority of Germany is responsible for ensuring compliance with data protection regulations in Germany. If you need more information about your privacy rights or you cannot clarify your concerns directly with us and wish to file a complaint, please contact: Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information – Link here to their website.
Data protection for employment applications and application procedures
The data processor collects and processes the Personal Data of employment applicants for the purpose of the application process. The processing can be carried out electronically. This is particularly the case if an applicant submits corresponding application documents by electronic means, for example by e-mail or via a web form available on the website. If the application leads to an employment contract of an applicant, the collected data will be stored for the purpose of the employment contract in compliance with the law. If no employment contract is signed with the candidate, the application documents will be automatically deleted two months after the applicant is notified about the his/her unsuccessful application unless deletion of the data precludes other legitimate interests of the other party (in this case ecoTech). Other legitimate interests in this sense include, for example, evidence of correct procedure under the Equal Opportunities Act (AGG).
Protection of personal data of children
ecoTech does not knowingly collect and use personally identifiable information directly from children ("children" are defined as minors under the age of 18). We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, communicate with us, or use our online services. If you are a parent and find that your child has provided us with information, please contact us and we will clarify the matter with you.
Personal information that you provide during other interactions with ecoTech
You can contact ecoTech via the contact form, by e-mail or otherwise, to ask questions, discuss your concerns, or report any issues related to our products or provide feedback. When communicating with ecoTech or requesting information from ecoTech, you may be asked to leave your contact information (such as name, e-mail address, telephone number) and provide personally identifiable information that is relevant to your issue.
Personal information provided by you when you visit the ecoTech website
ecoTech collects personally identifiable information you provide on ecoTech's website when you purchase a product or receive marketing products and information, contact ecoTech Customer Support, respond to questionnaires or participate in surveys or competitions. These may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address
- Registration information, such as your username and password
- Work experience, education, and other background information as you inquire about employment opportunities at ecoTech
- Payment information (such as bank details, payment card number, expiration date and delivery and billing address)
- The content you make available and provide (for example, when completing our online contact form or submitting other information).
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will need at least your e-mail address, to which the newsletter is to be sent, in addition to your declaration of consent, which you submit by clicking on the "subscribe to newsletter" button.
Any further information is voluntary and will be used to address you personally and personalize the content of the newsletter and to clarify any questions regarding the e-mail address. We will only send you the newsletter if you confirm your registration via a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose using the link contained therein. We want to make sure that only you as the owner of the specified e-mail address can subscribe to the newsletter. Your confirmation of this must be made promptly after receipt of the confirmation e-mail, otherwise your newsletter subscription will be automatically deleted from our database. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by entering your e-mail address in the "Newsletter" field on our website and clicking on "unsubscribe". The link can also be found at the end of each newsletter. The personal data collected for the aforementioned purposes will be used exclusively for the purposes intended or to the extent necessary to safeguard our legitimate business interests. Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties. Furthermore, your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent, unless judicial or official orders oblige us to do so.
When you visit the ecoTech website, we may collect the Internet Protocol ("IP") address of your computer or other electronic device. An IP address identifies the device you use to access the website. This allows us to maintain communication with your computer while you browse our website and to personalise the content.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is enabled on this site, Google will truncate your IP address within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, before the IP address is sent and stored in the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
Please note that Google Analytics is used on this website with the extension "AnonymizeIP ()" and that your IP address will only be shortened in order to exclude a direct personal reference.
The IP address provided by Google Analytics within your Internet browser will not be merged with any other data provided by Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies via a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent.
You may also, at any time, prevent Google's collection of the cookie-generated and website-related information (including your IP address) from Google's processing of this data, using the link available at the following link : Download and install browser plugin: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
The use of Google Analytics is in accordance with the conditions agreed by the German Data Protection Authorities with Google. Third-party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
We do not processing Personal Data in cookies in this context. We also do not use techniques that combine information generated by cookies with user data.
Whether cookies can be set and retrieved can be determined by the settings in your browser. For example, you may disable your cookie altogether, restrict it to certain websites, or configure your browser to automatically notify you when a cookie is about to be placed and ask for your feedback.
Third party content
Our website includes content from third parties, such as Google Maps and videos from YouTube. The prerequisite for this is that the providers of these applications perceive the IP address of the users in order to be able to send the contents to the respective browser of the user. We endeavour to use only content whose providers use the IP address solely for the delivery of the content. However, we have no control over this if the respective providers also provide the IP address, e.g. to save for statistical purposes.
ecoTech uses control mechanisms for the protection and security of personal data. However, if you provide personal information online, there is always some risk that unauthorised third parties may gain access to your information.
Data Protection Officer
ecoTech Environmental Measuring Systems GmbH