Application example: Monitoring soil moisture
The University of Göttingen intensive trial site in Ebergötzen
Monitoring of soil water tension, soil water content and soil temperature on two different exposed, forested slopes.
Department of Physical Geography
|Dr. Jürgen Grotheeremail@example.com|
|Dr. Harold Hughesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Prof. Daniela Sauer|
Experimental set up
- Two test areas on a slope with different orientation (north, south)
- Measurement of water tension, water content and soil temperature with high spatial resolution
- Five parallel measurements at five depths on each surface
- Central enviLog data logger
- Automated remote data transmission via GPRS to a database server, and from there to the user PC
- Central energy supply through a fuel cell
- Installation and commissioning by ecoTech
Becker, Joscha N., et al. "The Ebergoetzen Measurement Site: Linking Biogeochemical Cycles and Soil Development in a Central European Beech Forest." Geophysical Research Abstracts. Vol. 21. 2019.